Sunday, February 10, 2013

Install QuodLibet on Crunchbang Waldorf

Quod Libet is my favourite music player, and I wanted to install it on Crunchbang, but I noticed the install was going to bring a cascade of unwanted dependencies, including a second CD burner application, Brasero.

The problem is described here, and I found a solution (modified) here.
sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends install quodlibet quodlibet-plugins
This installs Quod Libet without the unnecessary recommended dependencies.


The panel icon for Quod Libet is black and does not work well with the dark panel in Cruncbang. I have replaced the icon with one developed for the Faenza theme by ~poupoul2.

The notification icon uses the .svg icon supplied, but the panel needs an .png icon. I created my own.

New icons go in /usr/share/pyshared/quodlibet/images/.

Update: Icons can also go in the active icon theme. For me, the Panel > 22 folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment