Monday, October 4, 2021

Filter emails in Evolution

Here is a quick tutorial on how to filter emails in Evolution. It took me a while to work out how to do it, so I thought I'd make a note of what I did to remind myself when I inevitably forget later on, and to help anybody who wants to do the same thing.

First, right click on the folder where you want to create a new folder to put your filtered emails in. Click on (you guessed it) New Folder. I put mine in Google Mail > All Mail.

To filter emails by sender, right click on an email you want to create a filter for and select Create > Create a Filter Rule for Sender.

In the dialogue that appears, select the folder you created in the first step.

Click on Add Condition if the sender uses more than one address to send emails from. (My daughter's school has used four different domains to send emails, so I had to add four conditions.)

To apply the filter, click on Message > Apply Filter.

To filter all existing emails, select you inbox and click on Edit > Select All then  Message > Apply Filters.




No comments:

Post a Comment